Sunday, July 4, 2010

Red, White, & Blue

Happy Independence Day!!

I got the "Stand & Salute " Cricut card in the mail yesterday, just in time for the 4th of July!!

That star is 3D, it pops up off of the card front.

The dog tags were inspired by Lucy (yes, the same "Lucy" from Welcome to the Blog of an Army wife). She wanted dog tag shapes. But she got her Quickutz Silhouette before I got the Stand & Salute cart so she got her dog tag images. :) Now she just needs to start a blog so I can see what she's making!! I think the thing I like best about the Stand & Salute cart is that I can make a dog tag with ANY image or saying that's included on the cart. More dog tags to come. I wish I could write names in them. But I can make a solid one and use the Don Juan cart to make letters.

FREEDOM!! And a firework. I like the glitter paper I got, although it is a bit thicker and has a hard time staying on the mat, since it isnt as sticky as it used to be. But I have ordered new mats.

My Hero!! I was given a bunch of handmade cards from a friend a few weeks ago, before I got my Cricut, they included 2 of these My Hero cards. Hers are much nicer than mine, and have plastic stars on the star images. But I was so excited when I saw this image on the cart! I know so many women I can give these to so they too can celebrate their husband's dedication!

I love the plain star. I tried to put other stuff on it to "fancy" it up, but I just couldnt. Red star, that's it. And I had to try out the 4th of July image!

No comments:

Post a Comment