Thursday, June 24, 2010

Welcome Home Cricut!

It's HERE!!!
Yesterday was just like Christmas!! My new favorite FedEx guy brought the lovely box right after I got home from work. It comes with a cartridge, Don Juan (the name makes me giggle). And after playing around for a little bit, I made a very remedial card, since I didn't have a card cartridge. And Rigel and I ran it to the mail box so my dear friend Lucy could have a handmade card in the mail. And what was in the mail box, YES! Another cartridge, Stretch your Imagination. So we ran back home and stuck it in the machine.
I spent most of yesterday afternoon playing around, just trying out new things, and experimenting with the sizes and cutting pressure. I would like to brag that I am just a quick study, but this machine is SO EASY to use! It doesn't have the best step by step instructions, but the dork that I am spent all weekend looking at Cricut videos on YouTube so I knew my way around the machine pretty well. There are some really creative bloggers out there too. I have listed a few of them on this blog. They have such great ideas! I'm going to practice making cards. But my main goal of the Cricut is to scrapbook more.

Since I have been married to a Soldier, we have had to move fairly frequently. I wanted to document our time by scrapbooking. And my mother has been a great help in this venture. I'm not the most creative person ever. She is far more visual. But we live fairly far away now and she isn't here to help me out. But the Cricut is!! That's why I got the 'Going Places" cartridge, lots of good travel images. And the others have great images and sayings for special occasions.

And today, that same lovely FedEx man brought me 3 more boxes. (Which I have a small complaint about. What's up with the separate packaging, Wal-Mart?? Aren't we trying to conserve stuff here? One small Cricut cartridge came in a HUGE box today!! More padding than actual product. That's not cool, Wal-Mart.)
So now I have
- Beyond Birthdays
- Stretch your Imagination
- Going Places
- Don Juan (giggle)
- Speaking of Fall

I'm playing with them all and pics will come very soon! I have some very cute cards and I cant wait to post them online!

No comments:

Post a Comment