Saturday, June 26, 2010

Flowers!!

The flowers were made with the Beyond Birthdays cartridge and the cards were made with the Stretch Your Imagination cartridge.



I have a two small complaints about the Beyond Birthdays cartridge. I consider myself a relatively smart person. But I cannot figure out the sizing to save my life! If I make a card that is 5 1/2 inches I assume I can make a "framed" word image that is 5 1/2 inches to match, to fit in the stupid hole in the card. Nope, not how it works. It has annoyed the crap out of me and I am just done with the card feature on Beyond Birthdays. But there is another reason too. The cards for each individual image are just plain cards with holes in them! I think they should have the word image attached to them, like the pictures are in the Stretch your Imagination cartridge. So I will use the Beyond Birthdays cartridge for the word images and the cool cutouts, like the flowers and balloons and the gift boxes. But I wont make another card with it. It's not worth the hassle or waste of paper.

I have a small question too. Is there any way to make the cutting mat sticky again? Can I wash it? Is there a Cricut glue stick thing I can run over it? I plan on buying another pack of them, and I have heard that a less sticky mat is good for thinner scrapbooking papers, so I will keep the old one around for that task. I was just wondering.

No comments:

Post a Comment